Friday, May 15, 2009

Top 10 Yo Mama Jokes

I grew up around black people, and it always amazed me the wit with which they insulted each other’s mothers on the playground during recess. Over the years I’ve had countless black friends, and as I got older the Yo Mama jokes got more and more cerebral, and more and more hilarious.

One night when I was a sophomore in college, my seven black suitemates and I sat in our living room area and roasted the hell out of each other for well over an hour. Just took turns ripping on each other. It was one of my favorite memories from that year, but like these sorts of roasts always do, insults eventually turned to mothers in a hypothetical sense. Some of these cracks I heard that night, and some were laid out by kids I went to elementary school, but they’re all classic. These are my favorite Yo Mama jokes of all time.

#10 – Yo mama is so fat, her belt size is equator.

#9 – Yo mama is so stupid, she could trip over a cordless phone.

#8 – Yo mama is so fat, she fell in love and broke it.

#7 – Yo mama is so ugly, even the tide won’t take her out.

#6 – Yo mama is so poor, she can’t afford to pay attention.

#5 – You mama is so old, when God said let there be light, she flicked the switch.

#4 – Yo mama is so fat, she eats Wheat Thicks.

#3 – Yo mama is so fat, when she steps on the scale it says, “To be continued…”

#2 – Yo mama is so stupid she got fired from the M&M factory for throwing away “W’s.”

#1 – Yo mama is so fat she has to use diet soap.

I know I pretend like cerebral humor is the only sort of humor worth crediting, but even stupid little jokes like this crack me up in the right mood. Admit it—you laughed at a few of these, right?

No comments: