Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What My Dad Wants For Christmas

My father pointed out this eBay auction for me yesterday, and I'm just in love with the idea of it. Like every other American family we watch the Ralphie "Christmas Story" about a thousand times between December 24th and December 25th, and this auction has been designed to recreate the movie for one lucky bidder. Winner of the auction includes:
  • An overnight stay on Christmas Eve at the house where "A Christmas Story" was filmed.
  • Behind-the-scenes tours of the home and museum.
  • A ride in the family car.
  • Delivery of a "Fra-Gi-Le" prize crate to the house on Christmas Eve, complete with crowbar.
  • Little Orphan Annie decoder rings delivered in the mailbox.
  • a Chinese turkey dinner at Pearl of the Orient Restuarant.
  • A present-opening session on Christmas morning, including two Red Rider BB Guns, a blue bowling ball, and a pink bunny suit.

How fantastic is this? If I had $5,000 laying around, I'd make a bid, but this is too rich for my blood. Still, how fantastic, right?

No comments: