Thursday, October 23, 2008

Leroy Jenkins

Since my student teacher has the full course load right now, I'm running low on things to do. To occupy myself I started writing a story where the "hero" is an uncoordinated high school kid that plays World of Warcraft and writes novels about vampires and dragons. I've read plenty of Tolkein and C.S. Lewis, so I get the whole fantasy literary genre, but I know jack squat about online fantasy video games.

To remedy that, I did some research yetserday to get a general sense of what World of Warcraft is all about. Essentially you create a character and then go into a world with a bunch of other nerds who also created characters and you go on quests to kill monsters and get jewels and stuff. Super exciting, right? Gotta be considering there are over 10 million people currently paying to play this online game right now.

In any event, my research led me to this video, which from my understanding is rather old, but which also made me laugh so hard yesterday I had tears in my eyes. Totally alone in the English prep room, I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard. You've just gotta watch. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Ann said...

LEROYYYY JENKINS!!!! That was too funny! :D