Thursday, June 16, 2005

Today

Today was my birthday, and that being the case (along with some other outside stimuli), I wrote a song about enjoying my life. It's actually about everyone enjoying their own lives. It's getting late and I'm getting tired, so I don't want to write much, I just want to post and let you guys hopefully enjoy the song!

"Today"

I woke up this morning, smilin... had a great day.
Realized that the world is too caught up in negativity.
I'm 23 years old, and I refuse to be upset.
There's too much good that's happenin to me to be depressed...

So I find the silver line
In every black cloud.
Thank every lucky star
And scream out loud...

Today--is a birthday for somebody
we should have a party
Today--somebody drank their first Hennesey
and lost their virginity
Today--somebody's havin a baby
and maybe gettin married
So don't complain,
cuz life's okay... Today.

I'm optimistic, I tell too many jokes.
I'm a glass-half-full asshole kind of bloke.
My only other option's to embrace
A wrinkled forehead and angry face.

So I find the silver line
In every black cloud.
Thank every lucky star
And scream out loud...

Today--is a birthday for somebody
we should have a party
Today--somebody drank their first Hennesey
and lost their virginity
Today--somebody's havin a baby
and maybe gettin married
So don't complain,
cuz life's okay... Today.

No comments: